Black Creek is seeking a Product Support Specialist to join its Criminal Justice Applications Group which provides software solutions to law enforcement and correctional agencies. The position reports to the Department Product Support Manager and is based in the Birmingham, Alabama home office.
Black Creek will consider training a highly motivated individual that meets the job qualifications/requirements.
- Assist in the resolution of customer problems related to the implementation and function of Black Creek’s SallyPort© Jail Management Software and other corrections-related Black Creek software applications.
- Research, diagnose, troubleshoot, and identify solutions to resolve system issues.
- Document customer problems in a service order system and provide updates with details throughout the life cycle of the service order from origination to completion.
- Provide timely answers to non-complex, user issues using e-mail and chat applications.
- Provide timely answers to more complex user issues using phone and/or e-mail to provide clear, written instructions and/or technical manuals where required.
- Follow standard procedures for escalation of unresolved issues to appropriate internal teams and coordinate with internal teams as required to assist in resolution of problems.
- Proactively advise customer representatives of service order status and recommended corrective actions.
- Communicate customer status, concerns, and issues to appropriate management and departmental personnel.
- Act as a “Telephone Ambassador” for Black Creek in order to develop and maintain excellent customer relations with customers’ staff.
- Compensated, on-call support responsibility during nights and weekends on a rotating basis.
- Other duties as directed by Black Creek management.
- Must have and maintain clean criminal history. (Background check required for work in law enforcement and corrections.)
- Working knowledge of personal computers.
- Proficiency in MS Word, MS Excel, and MS Outlook.
- Ability to think in a disciplined manner and make decisions based on facts and evidence.
- Above average problem-solving skills.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to interact with customers and co-workers in a professional, courteous manner.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Reliability, self-motivation, and initiative.
Minimum Education/Experience Requirements
- High school degree or GED.
- Associate or Bachelor’s Degree.
- Prior technical support experience.
- A+ Certification.
- Microsoft Certification.
- SQL Server experience.
Working at Black Creek
In addition to offering competitive compensation, we offer a generous benefit package that includes:
- 401(k) retirement plan
- Vacation/personal time program
- Paid holidays
- Health & dental insurance
- Life insurance
- Long Term Disability insurance
- Tuition reimbursement program
- Work week that allows Friday afternoons off
.PDF or .DOC only please. Black Creek is an equal opportunity employer.