We are seeking a dedicated purchasing agent to join our team to collaborate and work closely with multiple departments and employees, including Senior Management. This individual reports to the Company’s Executive Vice President and will be responsible for identifying suppliers, researching goods and services, processing purchase orders, and verifying delivered items.
To be successful in the position, the applicant will need good business sense, the ability to critically assess suppliers, products, and services, to negotiate the best possible deals on behalf of the Company and recognize the necessity of maintaining meticulous transaction records.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Coordinate with various Company departments on product needs
- Research and compare suppliers, goods, and services
- Select the most suitable suppliers in terms of reliability and cost-efficiency
- Monitor inventory levels and determining purchase needs
- Request cost proposals and negotiate contracts and prices
- Work with vendors to negotiate volume and other transaction discounts
- Prepare and process purchase orders
- Maintain records of all transactions, purchase orders, receipts, including pricing histories
- Ensure that purchasing documents are complete and accurate
- Schedule and verify purchase deliveries
- Build and maintain positive, long-term supplier relations
- Perform other related duties as assigned
- Three years prior experience as a purchasing agent or in a similar procurement position
- Through understanding of purchasing procedures and policies
- Proficiency in CRM and inventory management software programs
- Proficiency with Microsoft office Suite
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with proven negotiation skills
- Strong organization and documentation skills
- Strong research and analytical skills
Education, Certifications & Licenses
- High school diploma or GE.
- Certified Procurement Professional (CPP) or Degree in business administration, procurement, or a related field.
Working at Black Creek
In addition to offering competitive compensation, we offer a generous benefit package that includes:
- 401(k) retirement plan
- Vacation/personal time program
- Paid holidays
- Health & dental insurance
- Life insurance
- Long Term Disability insurance
- Tuition reimbursement program
- Office located in Birmingham metro-area
- Work week that allows Friday afternoons off
.PDF or .DOC only please. Black Creek is an equal opportunity employer.